G. Narayanamma Institute of Technology and Science for women aims in moulding the women technocrats. Research and Development cell was established at GNITS to inculcate research and innovative skills among faculty and students. R&D Cell provides a platform for creativity and innovation to flourish young minds in organization. Innovative breakthroughs will happen only because of painstaking efforts of R&D. The college has 39 doctorates who are supporting the research activities through guiding ... research scholars. Nearly 50 research scholars from various departments are actively contributing towards the development of technology in various domains of engineering and science. The organization provides SEED amount to facilitate basic common research infrastructure for individuals to execute collaborative work. Various departments at GNTIS share two common platforms, one that transforms ideas to innovations in I-Cell and the other contributing major research through technological transformations in R&D Cell.
R&D Cell is supported with research lab CL-7 with 30 systems, IOT kits, required Data Sets, Open Source tools, Software and Hardware suitable for all departments.
Objectives of R&D:
- To encourage faculty and students with quality publications.
- To ensure quality of M.Tech Projects, we motivate students to come up with creative research ideas and support them in technology development.
- To identify best M.Tech projects and process them for funding.
- The R&D Cell is open to receive proposals form faculty who would like to apply f
- or funding and process these project proposals to funding agencies.
- To conduct guest
- lecturers / workshops
- relating to advance technologies.
- To depute faculty for QIP programs that enable to mentor the students research activities at GNITS.
- The centre also provides support on patenting and also in establishing contacts with industry to promote technology transfer.
|R&D Coordinator||Department Coordinators|
Dr. N. Kalyani, Prof CSE
Dr. R. Balasubramanian, Professor EEE