H & Math Dept.
All the books and their titles can be browsed through http:\\10.0.0.215\ecap
Headed by Prof. Y.Rajeswari
(With in the campus)
B.Tech degree course of four year duration in Instrumentation & Control Engineering (ICE) introduced in 2002 by JNT University is an industry oriented course. Instrumentation and Control engineering is a vast engineering field which contains various methods implemented to manufacture products to fulfill required specifications. Its implementation ranges from application of Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Computers, Mechanical & Communication for measurement & controls.
This branch of Engineering revolves around characteristics of equipment to meet required specification of the processes. This branch of engineering is applied in various sectors like industry, medicine, agriculture, power, petroleum, chemical etc.
Instrumentation is a very broad area with interdisciplinary course contents. There is a proliferation of a variety of Instrumentation systems for various industrial and control applications. There is hardly any area of Engineering, Science and Technology where Instrumentation is not being used.
As any process is becoming more and more automated, the need for a closer monitoring of inputs and control become more obligatory and the instruments at the component and sub - system levels tend to become more and more integrated. Full cognizance has been taken of this situation while planning curriculum in this area. Students do intensive use of microprocessors and Computers to understand the hardware and software aspects of Intelligent and Advanced Instrumentation.
Programme Educational Objectives:
- To provide students with sound foundation in the mathematical, scientific & engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve & analyze engineering problems & to prepare them for graduate studies.
- To provide thorough knowledge in instrumentation & control engineering subjects including practical experience and preparation of physical models pertaining to electronics, Instrumentation & control engineering.
- To provide experience in design and conducting experiments in the modern engineering laboratory including interfacing experiments with computer systems as well as interpreting the significance of resulting data.
- To provide exposure to industry in the area of instrumentation & control engineering.
- To provide training in soft skills in English language communication & to improve verbal & written skills, team building, interpersonal relationship, group discussion etc for job placements.
- This young branch offers many courses in Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering apart from a variety of courses of Instrumentation like Modern control theory, Biomedical Instrumentation, Robotics, Industrial Electronics, Computer Controlled Instrumentation etc.
- The students of ICE branch study 40% of Electronics subjects such as Electronic Devices & Circuits, Signals & Systems, Linear & Digital IC Applications, Switching Theory & Logic Design, Pulse & Digital Circuits, Digital Signal Processing, Microprocessors and Microcontrollers, Embedded & Real Time systems, VLSI Design etc. They also study 15% of Computers subjects such as C programming and Data Structures, Computer Organization, OOPS through JAVA etc. and 40% of Advanced Subjects on Instrumentation such as Digital and Optimal Control Systems, PC Based Instrumentation, Bio medical Instrumentation, Computer Aided Design of Control Systems, Robotics and Automation, Opto- Electronic and Laser Instrumentation etc.
- The Laboratories included in ICE dept. Curriculum are Transducers & Instrumentation Lab, Industrial Instrumentation Lab, Analytical & Biomedical Instrumentation Lab, Process Control Lab, Microprocessor Lab, Embedded Systems Lab, Control Systems I,II & III Lab.
The ICE department is on the III floor of the main block with three classrooms & four laboratories with state-of-art equipment. The total amount spent to establish all the laboratories is about 55 Lakhs. The department has three classrooms equipped with overhead projectors. The department also has two LCD projectors, 2 CD writers, two scanners, 3 printers, 60 computer systems that are internet connected, one laptop with Wi-Fi connected. For departmental works, 2 systems with CD writer and Net facilities are provided in Dept. office room. The classrooms are well ventilated and furnished with black board, white screen, overhead projector,LCD projector etc. Separate Department library is maintained with standard reference text books.
Following Laboratories are established in ICE Dept. and are well equipped as per the curriculum requirements
- Transducers & Instrumentation Lab
This lab mainly deals with different sensors, transducers, ac and dc bridges and also the various types of meters primarily used for industrial applications.
- Industrial Instrumentation Lab
Experiments are mainly on measurement of industrial parameters like level, acceleration, pressure flow, torque, vibration etc.
- Analytical & Biomedical Instrumentation Lab
This lab includes the experiments based on modern day medical applications and also includes analysis of chemical compositions by different analytical instruments like gas chromatograph, UV spectrophotometer etc.
- Process Control Lab
Thislab includes the real time measurement of various process parameters and also automatic control of process parameters like temperature, pressure, flow etc.
- Microprocessor Lab
It includes assembly language programming on 8085, 8086 and µ controllers like 8051 and its interfacing.
- Embedded Systems Lab
This lab gives a unified view of software and hardware. It deals with 8051 µ controllers using flash magic software to invoke the µ controller kit using assembly language or Mnemonics
- Electronic Devices and Circuits Lab
This lab includes introduction about various discrete components and electronic devices. In this students are trained to design amplifiers, various configuration circuits and rectifier circuits.
- Pulse Circuits and Integrated Circuits Applications Lab
This lab includes experiments on linear and digital IC application circuits designing. It also consists of Multivibrators using Op-Amp, Schmitt trigger, logic gates, Flip-Flops, Linear & Non linear wave shaping circuits.
- Control Systems I,II & III Lab
CS-I includes experiments on linear control systems. Various parameters like pr, speed, etc are controlled by P, PI, PID controllers.
- CS-II also focusses on digital control systems like Robo control and digital communication system.
- CS-III includes design of linear and digital control systems by using MATLAB, SIMLINK softwares.
|Analytical &Biomedical Instrumentation
||Process Control Lab|
Highlights of the Department:
- Qualified and well experienced faculty.
- Excellent laboratories provided with state of art equipment and latest instruments like Industrial Process trainer, Licensed version of MATLAB-SIMULINK software, ARM-Processors etc., Analytical Instruments like Gas Chromatography, UV-VIS Spectro-photometer, Bio-Medical Instruments like ECG & Biotelemetry Systems etc.
- The department organizes industrial visits, Guest lectures, Industrial internship during summer every year for the students to provide industrial exposure.
- The departmental technical association –INSTRUPARK, organizes various technical & non-technical events for the students.
- Passed out students are well placed in MNC’s & Industries.
- In view of many development taken place in the process controls and Automation, the ICE department organized a 5 – day workshop on “Latest trends in Process Control & Automation” from 30th Nov’ to 4th Dec’09. This workshop has received an over –whelming response from faculty and students of various engineering colleges.
- Ms G.Mahalakshmi of 2009 passed out batch received Gold medal for the ‘Best outgoing student’ in ICE Dept. awarded by JNTU, Hyderabad and also gold medal by GNITS Hyderabad.
- The students of IV ICE 2010 batch, did their project titled ‘Monitoring and Control System of Solar Crop Harvester’ at IIIT, Gachibowli and participated in the R&D showcase where they received huge appreciation.
Extra Curricular activities & Placement Details:   click
Lis of students joined for Higher
2011 batch(G-11 Regulations) Syllabus
Department GATE GRE Scores