H & Math Dept.
Headed by Prof. Y.Rajeswari
Extra Curricular activities:
- The department carries out Mini project exhibition by 2nd & 3rd year students every year in order to provide practical exposure.
||Mini Project exhibition
- The department also carries out Main project exhibition by 4th year students
- The department organizes interesting and interactive talk sessions and guest lectures on various topics like PLCs, Virtual Instrumentation, Lab view software, Control applications in power plants etc.
- The students of ICE branch are taken for industrial visits to BHEL, NTPC, NFCL, My Home Power plant for Industrial exposure.
||Industrial visit to Power Plant
Placements and future scope:
- The department maintains the department library and has about 376 titles which include books on Advanced instrumentation and control, Biomedical instrumentation, Neural Networks, Project reports, Journals etc.
- The R & D cell of the department focuses on students aspiring to carry out innovative mini projects and main projects.
- The department also has a technical association ‘INSTRUSPARK’ which carries out different activities to motivate and improve the skills of students, like technical paper presentation, guest lectures by eminent professors and executives, technical quiz etc.
- ICE branch of Engineering pertains to one of the most important functions in any industry. With the continuous advancements in the area Electronics, Communications, Information Technologies and Software, there has been considerable development in Instrumentation and Control Engineering. These advancements are being extensively used for plant automation, robotics, aircraft instrumentation, space crafts etc.
- ICE branch students are considered on par with other branch students for software jobs. Students of earlier batches are working as software engineer with companies like Mahindra Satyam, Polaris, Accenture, Infosys, Wipro, TCS, HP, Dell etc.
- Apart from software jobs, ICE branch students can opt as Instrumentation Engineers in BHEL, ECIL, DRDL, Siemens, Rockwell,Allen Bradley, Yokogawa, Invensys, Honeywell etc. They can do software engineering development for Instrumentation applications
- A few students of earlier batches are already working as Instrument Engineers in HAL,Tata Projects, Keithley, Hareetha Engineers, Reliance Industries, Navyuga Power Corporations.
- The students of ICE branch can also opt for M.Tech or MS courses in India and Abroad in many fields including all ECE, CSE, ICE and EEE specializations like DSP, SS, VLSI, Networking, Bio-Medical, Process Control, etc.
G. Narayanamma Institute of Technology and Science (for women),
Shaikpet, Hyderabad - 500008, Andhra Pradesh, India
Phone : +91-(0)40- 23565648, Fax : +91-(0)4023564187