Electrical & Electronics Engg.
Dr. N. Malla Reddy, Professor and HOD
The department of EEE has surpassed many milestones under the able and dynamic leadership of its HOD Dr. N. Malla Reddy. Some of the notable achievements are:
- UG NBA accreditation – 2017 to 2021
- PG NBA accreditation – 2018 to 2022
- Renewal of UG NBA accreditation – 2021 to 2024
Having been associated with GNITS from almost its inception, Dr. N. MallaReddy, has taken charge as the Head of the Department of EEE Dept. on 1st January 2017. He received B. Tech from S.V. University Thirupati, M.Tech from JNTUH, Hyderabad and Ph.D. from JNTUH, Hyderabad. He has 22 years of experience in teaching. He secured Best teacher award in the year 2008 – 09 from GNITS. He is a member of IEEE & ISTE. He is also the Vice–President of IEEE Local Chapter, GNITS.
He has two text books, “Design & Development of New Evolutionary Algorithms for Unit Commitment Problems” and “A high Step-Up 3 Port DC-Dc Converter for stand-alone PV battery Power Systems with Grid-Connected Mode” to his credit which were published in 2016.
Several developments have taken place during the headship of Dr.N.MallaReddy, which strengthened the department to a level which it is today. Some of them worth mentioning are:
- Acquisition of doctoral degrees by 4 faculty members in the department.
- Establishment of one Virtual Lab in 2018 by IIIT, Hyderabad and its subsequent elevation as a Nodal centre in Telangana state.
- Signing of three MoUs with reputed companies in and outside Telangana state. As a result some faculty members got influenced into researching modes. One of the topics that is being actively pursued is “Electrical Vehicles” which has a significant societal impact.
- Establishment of one full-fledged R&D Lab in addition to one UG (Power Systems) and one PG (Power Quality) labs.
Research Accomplishments (In India & Overseas):
As a part of fulfilling of his research ambitions Dr. N. MallaReddy, visited Malaysia & Singapore to attend an International Conference – IASTED on Power & Energy Systems to present a paper, “Unit Commitment Solution using Agglomerative & Divisive Cluster Algorithms – An effective New Methodology” in 2008 in Malaysia. He has a total of 14 publications of both national and international standards which are published in reputed journals. His areas of interest include Power Electronics, Power Systems, AC & DC Drives and Electric vehicles. Apart from guiding one PhD scholar, he takes keen interest in the development of Electric Vehicles with Enhanced Performance and been encouraging the faculty members to pursue their research works in that as well as other related areas.