R&D Cell – GNITS
G. Narayanamma Institute of Technology and Science for women aims in moulding the women technocrats. Research and Development cell was established at GNITS to inculcate research and innovative skills among faculty and students. R&D Cell provides a platform for creativity and innovation to flourish young minds in organization. Innovative breakthroughs will happen only because of painstaking efforts of R&D. The college has 39 doctorates who are supporting the research activities through guiding … research scholars. Nearly 50 research scholars from various departments are actively contributing towards the development of technology in various domains of engineering and science. The organization provides SEED amount to facilitate basic common research infrastructure for individuals to execute collaborative work. Various departments at GNTIS share two common platforms, one that transforms ideas to innovations in I-Cell and the other contributing major research through technological transformations in R&D Cell.
To motivate individuals and inculcate multi-disciplinary research and innovative thinking to work in collaborating industry.
- To create awareness on evolving technologies and industrial standards for products.
- Strengthen industry institute interaction.
- Create opportunities for students to work on research and industrial projects.
- Generate innovative ideas on societal problems.
Objectives of R&D:
- To identify and inform researchers about the appropriate research opportunities announced by different academic, research, industry or government organisations.
- Research projects of students undertaken as part of the curriculum.
- To identify and establish industry / Institute interaction through MOUs for long term relationships with national and international research organisations for widening the scope of research options and funding opportunities for faculty and students.
- To foster scientific temper.
- To encourage and facilitate the publication of the research work/projects in reputed academic journals.
- To prepare and implement a research quality assurance mechanism for ensuring that all research activities of the college conform to standard quality specifications.
- To develop, prescribe and administer rules and regulations to ensure the compliance of all researchers to the research quality assurance framework and the research code.
- Provide scope for faculty and students to work on latest evolving technologies with industry standards through consultancy projects.
|Dean R&D||Department Coordinators|
Dr.P. Sudhakar Rao
Dr.N.Kalyani, Professor CSE , Central Coordinator