About the Committee
In pursuance to the guidelines from State Govt., UGC, JNTUH and AICTE, the Anti Ragging Committee (ARC) has been constituted in GNITS to prevent ragging in all its forms to provide a safe and congenial environment for the students.
Members of the Committee
The ARC has been constituted with the following faculty members and student representatives:
|01||Dr. K.Ramesh Reddy||Principal||Chairman|
|02||Prof. Gadicherla Gopinath||Professor, EEE||Nodal Officer|
|03||Prof. Ch.Ganapathy Reddy||Professor, ECE||Advisor|
|04||Mrs. P.Sunitha Devi||Asst. Prof., CSE||Member|
|05||Dr. S.Vasundhara||Asst. Prof., HM||Member|
|06||Dr. T.Surya Prakash||Asst. Prof., EEE||Member|
|07||Mrs. Ch.Sravanthi||Asst. Prof., IT||Member|
|08||Mrs. K.Sarada||Asst. Prof., ETM||Member|
|09||Dr. S.Uday Bhasker||Asst. Prof., BS||Member|
|10||Ms. N.Hiranmai||Asst. Prof., Mech.||Member|
|01||II||G.Lakshmi Priya||EEE||20251A0209||Student member|
|02||Shruthi Sadadi||20251A0290||Student member|
|03||K Ch Lakshmi||ECE||20251A0415||Student member|
|05||Udutha Sathwika||20251A04E9||Student member|
|06||P Shreya||CSE||20251A0518||Student member|
|07||G Sathwika||20251A0567||Student member|
|08||Karri Keerthi Sri||20251A05D0||Student member|
|09||Kothakota Neha||CSM||20251A6647||Student member|
|10||Ch Akshita||CSD||20251A6706||Student member|
|11||D Veda Smriti||CST||20251A3608||Student member|
|12||Ergati shirisha||IT||20251A1237||Student member|
|13||Sareddy keerthana||20251A1283||Student member|
|14||Akshaya Krupa||ETE||20251A1707||Student member|
|16||M Tabassum||19251A0286||Student member|
|17||V Likitha Reddy||ECE||19251A0456||Student member|
|18||Gujarathi Shalini||19251A0477||Student member|
|19||G Bhanu Sri||19251A04D4||Student member|
|20||J Amulya||CSE||19251A0528||Student member|
|21||Aruvanti Sravanthi||19251A0566||Student member|
|22||P Sai Priya||19251A05G5||Student member|
|23||Bhagat pratiksha||IT||19251A1206||Student member|
|24||Thumu lohitha||19251A12B4||Student member|
|25||Sheela Sangeetha||ETE||19251A1753||Student member|
The COMPOSITION of the committee is made in such a way that one faculty member from each department and one student representative from each section are to be accommodated.
Nodal Officer, ARC, GNITS
Mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact number: 9397392152
Aims & Objectives
- To prevent ragging in all its forms in GNITS.
- To envisage and propose adequate measures to the college authorities to CURB ragging in the Campus.
- To provide a safe and congenial environment for the students by instilling confidence in them.
- To initiate required steps in the Institution as per the instructions received from Director of Technical Education, JNTUH & UGC for their effective implementation.
- To conduct seminars to bring about awareness among the students.
- To display banners and posters about ill effects of ragging and the related consequences.
- To provide required guidance and counselling for the needy students.
Functions & Responsibilities
- Awareness creation & spreading.
- Conduction of seminars & events ( 1 or 2 per year)
- Guidance & counselling as and when needed
- Regular monitoring all through the academic year.
- Ease of accessibility
- Public relations
- Immediate response to the complaints
Scope of ARC
The ARC is authorized to recommend stringent action/actions against the guilty in due consultation with the Head of the Institution. In addition to informing parents, the guilty can also be given:
- Oral warning
- warning in written form
- Suspension from classes
Definition of ragging:
Ragging involves abuse, humiliation, or harassment of new entrants or junior students by the senior students. It often takes a malignant form wherein the junior is asked to do all sorts of uncomfortable/objectionable things.
Who can approach Anti Ragging Committee (ARC) for help?
- Any student of GNITS.
On receipt of a serious complaint related to ragging, the following procedure will be followed:
- A sub-committee will be formed under the chairmanship of Principal or any another senior faculty member which shall conduct a preliminary enquiry so as to ascertain the facts of the allegations by collecting circumstantial evidences as well as recorded statements of any witness/es including the complainant.
- The inquiry shall be completed within a period of one week.
- On completion of the inquiry, the sub-committee shall submit a report of its findings soon after completion of its inquiry.
- The Principal shall then act upon the recommendations of the sub-committee with an intimation to the parents.
What are the possible actions that can be taken against respondent?
- Oral or written Warning
- Written apology/undertaking
- Suspension from classes
- Dismissal from Institution
- Any other relevant actions as deemed fit by the committee
In case a student got ragged, what she should do?
In case of any ragging incident, the aggrieved can:
- Approach any member of Anti-Ragging Committee or Nodal Officer or any HOD or Principal.
- Lodge her complaint through grievances drop box placed in all departments.
- Send an email to nodal officer at email@example.com.
Confidentiality about the identity of the complainant will be maintained if the complainant so desires.