15 offers with packages between 8 to 10 lakhs and total offers 28 out of 42 eligible students. Placements are in progress for 2022 batch
For further information contact:
Dr. K. Rama Linga Reddy, HoD ETE dept.
Mobile no. 9391045077
Electronics and Telematics Engineering (ETE)
The Department of Electronics & Telematics Engineering started from 1999 and is accredited by National Board of Accreditation for 3 years during 04-05-2007 & 03-05-2010. The initial intake was 30 and increased to 60 in the year 2001. ETE is a parallel branch of ECE with emphasis on computer communication. Eighteen batches of successful ETE students are faring well in various IT, Communications and other public sector organizations. The Department introduced M.Tech in Wireless & Mobile Communications in 2012 with intake of 18 Students. ETE department has got MODROB grant of Rs. 17,29,000/- from AICTE for the year 2013-14 and it utilized for establishment of Advanced Laboratories.
- This programme is an amalgamation of both Electronics, Communications and Computer Engineering. Upon completion of this programme students become experts in “Hardware and Software co-design”.
- With development and driving of intelligent systems being the criteria, students also develop significant expertise in technology such as IoT, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and development of smart systems.
- Graduates, fundamentally, get to work in an ”integrated” industry that is only set to become smarter in the near future. A multitude of career opportunities await graduates in both the software and hardware fields.
ETE department is headed by Dr.K.Rama Linga Reddy who has got a vast teaching experience of 30 years. He has got 100 research papers to his credits in National and International Journals. He produced 4 Ph.Ds from reputed Universities. The department has well qualified faculty members with 5 doctorates and 8 pursuing Ph.D. Department consists of 2 Professors, 1 Associate Professor and 13 Assistant Professors. The department is accredited by NAAC and ISO certified. The department is equipped with Advanced Telecommunications Laboratory, Wireless Communications Laboratory, Adhoc Wireless Networks Laboratory, Wireless Sensor Networks Laboratory and Computer Networks Laboratory with Netsim software which can be utilized to do Networking Projects.
This Programme offers various advanced courses related to computer science and information technology apart from advanced subjects related to Electronics and Communications:
Subjects related to Computer Science and Information Technology: Computer Organization, Fundamentals of Data Structures, Java Programming, Operating Systems, Database Management Systems, Principles of Computer Networks, Voice over IP, Fundamentals of IoT, Adhoc Wireless Networks, Network Security, Cyber Security, Python Programming, Android Programming, Principles of Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing, Introduction to Data Analytics, Robotics.
Subjects related to Communications: Telecommunication Switching systems and networks, Wireless Communications, Fibre Optic Communications, Global Navigation Satellite Systems, Embedded System Design, 4G Technologies, Radar Systems, Software Defined Radio and Cognitive Radio.
Subjects related to research: Research Methodology, Intellectual Property Rights.
- Employment opportunities in various IT companies like Delloite, TCS, Accenture, Infosys, Cap Gemini, Cognizant, L & T, Tech Mahindra, ADP, Polycom, Sonata, UHG, Value Labs, Osmosys.
- Job opportunities in private core companies like QUALCOMM and in government organizations like ISRO.
Nearly 80 % of eligible students are placed in reputed companies like Delloite, TCS, Accenture, Infosys, Cap Gemini, Tech Mahindra, ADP, Polycom, Sonata, UHG, Value Labs, Osmosys with multiple offers. Students of ETE have also been performing consistently well over the past years in the Competitive exams like GATE, CAT and GRE. Around 50% of Alumni have pursued MS from reputed universities in abroad and working in reputed organizations in abroad. Significant number of Alumni have pursued M.Tech from IITs, MBA from IIMs & IIFT and Ph.D from reputed Universities.
Stars of ETE Department:
- Kruthika Kandurifrom 2017-2021 batch stood 1st and won a cash prize of ₹. 25000/- in the Decode Engage Contest, Hyderabad’s 1st Policy Champ conducted by Factly, India. It was a three level competition where 2500+ students participated and 15 finalists were shortlisted for the Finals conducted at JNTUH on Oct 2nd, 2019. Each of them had to suggest policy measures on the given topic. Mr. Jayesh Ranjan, Principal Secretary of Telangana state was the Chief Guest.
- Arava Sri RathnaMahiand Harika of 2017-2021 batch got 2nd Prize and won a cash prize of ₹. 25000/-in the ‘Anveshana Science and Engineering Fair’ under the guidance of V.Vikas, Assistant Professor. It was a two-level competition where 180+ teams participated and 34 teams were shortlisted for the Finals conducted at VisvesvarayaBhavan from 24/2/20 to 26/2/20.
- Lakshmi Soundarya & Nehaof 2015-2019 won 3rd prize in R&D Hackathon, GNITS on 31-08-2017 under the mentorship of Mr.V.Vikas, Assistant Professor, ETE dept.
- A Project “ GAGAN POSITIONING AND TIMING INFORMATION”by 2013-2017 Batch along with V.Vikas Assistant Professor participated in GRAND FINALE OF SMART INDIA HACKATHON 2017( One of the biggest Hackathon) conducted by AICTE in collaboration with 26 ministries of GOVERNMENT OF INDIA.
- Akhila Vidya Lakshmiof 2013-2017 batch got the opportunity to interact with Prime Minister of INDIA on her project work.
- Julakanti Nikitha of 2013-2017 batch pursued M.Tech, ECE (Navigation Systems), Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune and at present working as Research And Development Engineer at Captronic Systems Pvt Ltd.
- Kalyaniof 2013-2017 batch pursued MBA in International Business at Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Delhi.
- SnigdhaHamarajugaddaof 2013- 2017 batch is at present working as Senior Software Engineer at MathWorks
- AkhilaVidya Lakshmiof 2013-2017 batch is pursuing her MBA (General Management), Vinod Gupta School of Management, IIT, Kharagpur.
- Disha Guptaof 2011-2015 batch secured CAT percentile 98.6 and pursed her MBA from IIT Bombay, and at present working as Experienced Associate, PWC Management Consulting.
- Disha Gupta &A.Aishwaryaof 2011-2015 batch are the college first & second toppers from first year to final year with aggregate 25% & 95.23%
- Venkata Gowriof 2011-2015 batch pursued her M.Tech in Technology and Development, Centre for Technology Alternatives in Rural Areas, IIT Bombay (2017-2019).
- A project “ WIRELESS EYE CONTROLLED DEVICE FOR THE PARALYZED”done by 2011-2015 batch students under the guidance of V.Vikas have reached Semi Final Level of “ TEXAS INSTRUMNENTS INNOVATION CHALLENGE INDIA DESIGN CONTEST 2015” The project also received grant of approximately Rs.10,000 for carrying out the project.
- Pola Lakshmi Priyanka of 2010-2014 batch securedAll India Rank 1146 in GATE-2014 pursued M.Tech in IIT Mumbai. At present she is working as Sr Engineer, Qualcomm India Pvt. Ltd. She also got a patent along with few other members :“Methods and Systems for Controlling a SDN based MultiRAT Communication Network”, US patent (10,187,928) (India) (201721008015).
- Vyshnavi Rajanalaof 2009-2013 batch stood as University topper in Tech First Year in Academic Year – 2009-2010over 300 affiliated Engineering Colleges under JNTUH.
- Vyshnavi Rajanalaof 2009-2013 batch is at present working as Software Engineer at INTEL Corporation.
- Navyaof 2008-2012 batch pursued her Executive MBA from IIMC.
Students exhibiting their project on “Bus Herald Services a system to track RTC buses” at HP Innovate a national level paper contest conducted by HP Bangalore
- Sumana Suresh of 2008-2012 batch secured score of 322in GRE and Pursued MS in Carnegie Mellon University
- Sameeraof 2008-2012 batch secured highest CAT -2011 score 2% among GNITS students and pursued her MBA in IIM Ranchi.
- Aparnaof 2008-2012 batch pursued MBA program in International Business at Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Delhi.
- Kucherlapati Sumedhaof 2008-2012 batch is at present working as NLP Data Scientist at Sirona Medical.
- DivyaVadthyaof 2008-2012 (B.Tech) batch and 2013-2015 (M.Tech WMC) batch achieved 1st most desirable woman for Television 2020 and also big screen desirable woman 2020 by Hyderabad Times.
- Sowjanya of 2006-2010 batch got selected as Scientist in ISRO(Indian Space Research Organization) by competing around 20,000 students at national level and at present she is pursuing her Ph.D from IIT Chennai.
- Sri Priyanka of 2006-2010 batch securedAll India Rank 755 in GATE-2013.
- Susmitha, C.Keerthy, B.Sudha, D.Harini of 2005-2009 Batch presented a paper titled Bus Herald Services a system to track RTC buses at HP Innovatea national level paper contest conducted by HP Bangalore under the guidance of Prof. K. R. L.Reddy and A.Ramesh Kumar which was short listed in Top 10 projects out of 200 projects submitted at national level.
- Sudha of 2005-2009batch has completed her MS from IIIT Bangalore and is working for CISCO with a 14 lakh package per annum
- Sreelakshmiof 2004-2008 batch scored 99.51 percentile in GATE- 2008, all India rank 62 out of 50,000 students (Highest score in GNITS till date) and completed her M.Tech with Micro Electronics and VLSI Design as specialization in IIT – CHENNAI and at present working for NVIDIA.
- Anusha of 2004-2008 batch scored in 98.68 percentile in GATE-2008and completed her M.S with Communications and Networking as specialization in IISC – BANGALORE.
- NeerajaChowdhary of ETM 2004-08 batches scored 46 percentile in CAT and completed her P.G in Management at IIM- KHOZIKODE.
- Namrata Saiof 2001-2005 is at present Vice President of JP Morgan Chase & Co.
- Aninda Ghoshof 2004-2008 batch is working for Proctor and Gamble Pvt Ltd. with a 12 lakh package per annum.
- Yasashwiniof 2004-2008 batch is working for Britannia Pvt Ltd.,.with a 12 lakh package per annum.
- Narmadaof 2002-2006 batch, is at present posted as SP, Nalgonda.
- Sarawathi Chaitraof 2001-2005 batch is Vice President of American Bank, London.